Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Casper
3-11-10--Proof that I am going loony.
There is a ghost that haunts me. She sits with me in the car and I show her songs I think she might like.
She whispers in my ear when I cook in the kitchen... "this needs more salt." "Stir that, it's gonna burn."
She lays with me in bed, and I can almost feel her arms around me, her heavy breathing against my hair as she drifts to sleep. Slightly, very slightly, I can feel her pull me closer late into the night; maybe as a result of a bad dream, maybe as a result of the warmth that comes not from blankets, but only from another human's body.
I can feel her everywhere, see her everywhere.
She watches me as I talk to others, as I kiss another. She laughs, "You don't kiss them like you kissed me." She torments any ideas I have of progression.
This morning, I was laying in the sun in my backyard. It was a nice change from yesterday--rain and dark looming clouds. She came out of the sliding glass doors as I took a sip of my tea. She chuckled.
"What are you doing?"
"Enjoying the sun," I say. She laughs again as she walks over to me.
"Good morning," says the ghost. And I kiss her on the cheek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have empathizing agony; having experienced a similar ghost that has haunted my heart, and taunts in the face of my happiness. How to shake it off? When in a strange way you enjoy the lasting affect of the consistent presence.. even though its painful.. Its a tough place to be..
ReplyDeleteFrom my interpretation, this is the approach I chose to comment on. I'd like to talk about this more soon, I reallyy really liked the way you worded this.
endless kudos.
-abs